Tuesday 8 March 2016

♀INTERNATIONL WOMEN'S DAY♀

Ladiez! Did you wake up feelin' like an extra kween today? I know I did because it's the greatest event on the calendar, International Women's Day! #yaaasslay

I am so into this day, no I don't think it should be a holiday because it's about girls putting in work and being boss ass bitches and boss ass bitches need not days off, they need promotions and pay rises etc etc.

I have always been super inspired by tough, smart & confident girls. This goes all the way back to when I was really young, Sporty Spice was my fav, I liked Kelly from Hi-5 better than Charlie, Velma from Scooby Doo was clearly the captain of that ship, I was really into P!nk at one stage and The Power Puff Girls were my idols.

Even though I'm older now, nothing has changed. I am v lucky to have amazing women in my life who inspire me every single day in more ways the one. I'm still very very green in an industry that is overpowered by males but having the world's most supportive family, friends and mentors makes me kinda forget that, so s/o's and snaps 4 them.

Now to celebrate. Ya may not know that I get to write about cool girls in music every single Wednesday for NLV Records. We also did a cool thing especially for IWD so instead of giving you a list of women who are killing it, I'll just tell you to go have a scroll through the website and get empowered ~ nlvrecords.com .

Once you've done that you're probs gonna be feigning for more lady inspiration because you're on a roll, so I have also made a selection of ovary-only songs for you to listen to below.

xxxxxxxxxx and Zzzzzzz for all the #napgirls





No comments:

Post a Comment