Thursday 29 September 2016

20 Alternatives to the Australian Anthem



Hello gumnut bb's.

Would someone give the Australian anthem a cup of milo because it needs to go and go and go!
In light of recent hot topics i.e the footy grand finals this weekend/ our divisive, slightly racist and boring Australian anthem, I thought i'd provide some alternatives for our National song. I think I've done a pretty bloody bang up job champion, what do ya reckon?

Get together with your little vegemites, your wheatbix kids and have a go at these cracking classics. These singles are all anthems in their own right already so to adopt them as the country's theme song would hardly be a stretch.

The hardest thing about this was deciding which Kylie Minogue hit I would include. After re-watching her Sydney Olympics performance for inspiration, it became clear that Celebration was the one that would best capture the spirit of Australia.

I would also like to take this opportunity to point out that Nikki Webster's - Under Southern Skies is so appropriate and probably a front runner for the new anthem BUT IT IS NOT ON SPOTIFY!! Outrageous!


Moving down the playlist we have Sneaky Sound System, Midnight Oil, Vanessa Amorosi, Christine Anu and it goes on. Can you even tell me who wrote the current anthem? I didn't think so. I don't even need to ask about the 2nd verse because part of being an Aussie is NOT knowing the full anthem.

I hope this playlist of deserving Australian anthems inspires us all to seriously consider making the change. If not, at least you have a ripper of a new playlist for your next BBQ.

Love from your little Aeroplane Jelly.














No comments:

Post a Comment