Monday 22 February 2016

Graded : Laneway

Pic by Laneway Photogs


SOZSOZSOZSOZ this is hilariously l8 i know but to be fair i did move out of home and interstate so give a girl some slack pls. I'm ready now tho so chill out. My head is back from the clouds and it's time to tell you all about the 2016 instalment of one of my top 2 festivals, Laneway. Before I begin highlighting all my best bits in an orderly fashion, just wanna say big up Laneway ppl I don't know who you are, BBE have something to do with it, triple j play a big role too, but whoever the dream makers in charge of the bill, pls take a bow and feel me pat you on the back virtually trough the screen in 3,2,1 *pat**pat*. Nice one.

I say this every year but I will say it again, this festival without fail, continues to book some of the coolest new artists there are right now. Everything runs exactly on time, the stages are sick, toilet lines are not an issue, the food is bangin' and the dranks are tasty as fuck. Just a good vibe all round Laneway you get a big fat A+. This year was probably one of my fav Laneways too date and imma tell you all about it right now. ok go.

SOPHIE and QT 


These two are so cool you literally can't believe they are human. They are like dolls. But then you end up standing next to them during Grimes and yo find out they are so human. They are like the most human dolls i've ever met. I don't remember a time when I was as happy as I was during Hey QT.


Violent Soho fans are crazy


Even if you aren't into Soho you kind of have to watch them just so see a crowd so enthusiastic they come out of the pit missing shoes and shirts and stuff. Plus hearing everyone scream "Hell Fuck Yeah" at the top of their lungs is always nice.


Grimes slayed


I finally saw Grimes live and she slayed. The girl is a one woman show and her set was flawless from start to finish. I was a lil distracted by the fact that I was probably breathing in the air QT was breathing out but for real Grimes was a big highlight. She played all the hits and it was incredible


Chvrches are gr8 live 


I have never seen these guys put on a half assed show. Lauren Mayberry is a boss on and off the stage. Her stage banter is also hilarious and super cute with her lil accent. You are guaranteed to have a v fun time in a Chvrches crowd and it's a great time for a sing along.


Hudson Mohawke in the rain


After Chvrches we fled the scene to Hudmo which was pretty epic. As I predicted Scud Books was awe inspiring. It was raining at the time but nobody cared, everyone was dancing and jumping around in circles, by everyone I mean me and Alex.


Flume came home 


I don't even know where to begin here. The long awaited rerun of Flume was everything and more. His live set is hit after hit after hit and his new unreleased stuff is sounding pretty amazing. He brought out friends Kučka and Kai (no Vince Staples, dunno why?). Probably the best moment of the whole festival is when Kai came out and they did Never Be Like You together, ppl on shoulders everywhere, everyone singing the words, Kai killlllling on vocals, I wanna go back :(


TBC made kick ons history once again


This place knows how to throw on a mad after party. Hudson Hohawke took over the dungeon and it was so lit. He played everything from hard style to disco and everything in between. He played Ain't Nobody by Chaka Khan ffs. Great moment.





2 comments: